Saturday, January 27, 2007

Sinatra's Gay Grannies Agenda


Well folks, today I learned something horrible. According to Donnie Davies at Love God's Way, Frank Sinatra had a hidden gay agenda. Yes folks, The Chairman of the Board, The Voice, Ole' Blue Eyes had been using his music to turn the generation that fought the Second World War gay.

According to Mr. Davies:
One of the most dangerous ways homosexuality invades family life is through popular music. Parents should keep careful watch over their children's listening habits, especially in this Internet Age of MP3 piracy.

To protect families and children Mr. Davies has compiled a list of "Gay Bands" and Frankie is on this list right between K D Lang (gay), and Hinder (shitty).

While I normally don't worry about "hidden gay agendas", this one was scary because it could involve my grandmother, and quite frankly, visions of Granny and Rosie O'Donnel locked in lesbian sex is quite disturbing to me.

You see, my grandmother (who turned 89 last December) all but raised me from the time I was twelve until I went into the Army at 17. During these formative years my grandmother allowed me to listen to music I liked such as: Led Zepplin (not on the list), KISS (also not on the list),and The Eagles (Nope, not on the list), but she also took control of the music occasionally and listened to bands such as Glenn Miller, Count Basie, and Tommy Dorsey (for whom Frankie was a lead singer), as well as performers like Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, and, yes you guessed it, Frank Sinatra.

Granny used to talk a lot about how "gorgeous a man" Sinatra was and lamented modern society's lack of "real men" like Sinatra, Martin, and Bogart. So, obviously Sinatra had cast his "turn you gay" spell over my poor unsuspecting grandma.

When I first became aware of Sinatra's evil doings it seemed a bit far fetched. After all, this was the man about whom Humphrey Bogart once said:
"If he could stay away from the broads and devote his time to being an actor, he'd be one of the best in the business."

And whom the FBI even had record of being something of a ladies man, or as they labeled him: a seducer, and adulterer. This is the guy who won an academy award for his part in From Here to Eternity, and again for his part in The Manchurian Candidate. He was also in the original Ocean's Eleven, and one of my favorite movies: Von Ryan's Express.

But, then other little tidbits started dawning on me, such as one of Sinatra's signature songs I've Got You Under My Skin, which was written by Cole Porter (on the list), who was somewhat openly gay.

But the big give away was Granny herself. I remember her saying one time that she didn't care if Rock Hudson was gay because he was a wonderful actor and "very nice to look at." And then there was granny's comment on Boy George (on the list--duh).




Upon seeing Boy George on television, Granny laughed at first, but then turned to me and said:
Well he is kinda cute, and has a good voice.





In my mind I put this little comment together with Granny's teaching me that it was stupid to hate people because they are a different color or religion, or because of how they look, talk, or love, and that's when it hit me. Dear God!!! Frank Sinatra turned my gramma gay.

The Other Pride MarchShe will probably never admit her orientation, and I didn't see her at last summer's "Dyke March" in New York, but, for her generation, open sexuality is not the norm, so I don't see her as a hypocrite, and obviously still love her even though I will probably go to Hell for doing so.

I am so glad that Mr. Davies and his hate group helped me to see the light. Though it is going to be hard to give up some of my favorite music like: Nirvana, Queen, and The Doors all of whom made the gay list. The good news I guess is that Marilyn Manson, and Nine Inch Nails didn't make the list, so are still safe for me listen to*.

Other omissions include TATU (probably because they are only pretend lesbians, or Russian, or because they are cute, unlike KD Lang, and cute girls kissing on video is OK to Christians), and Britney Spears who should be on every list of music not to listen to.

A band that made the safe list confused me though. I would think that Flyleaf's song Cassie would be objectionable because of the lead singer's (atheist and recovering drug addict) reference to belief in God being like shooting one's self in the head. But, maybe I am reading into it too much.

Another bit of confusion from this group is their use of an Oscar Wilde quote to get their message across, and referring to him as a reformed homosexual. Maybe they are referring to Wilde's being accepted in the Catholic Church on his death bed even though most literary historians agree that there was no way Wilde could have known what was going on. After all this is the guy who said shortly before his death:
"My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or other of us has got to go."

It seems that the wallpaper won.


A bit of Ron trivia--I do actually like both of these bands.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: