Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Color of Stupidity

I got some interesting junk mail yesterday, and being the generous person I am, I felt the need to share it.

The waste of paper in question was a post card advertisement for Color of the Cross which, according to the post card, is:






A powerful, epic film which vividly depicts the last 48 hours of the life of Jesus Christ, Color of the Cross is also the first film to portray Jesus as a black man and to suggest that the Crucifixion could have been racially motivated.







This little post card bothers me for a couple of different reasons. First there is the fact that all of the energy and paper used to promote another version of this boring fairy tale could have been put to better use, such as toilet paper, or to keep me up to date about the life of Britney Spears.

But even worse is the plot of the movie itself. Do we really need another excuse for racism in the name of God?

Never mind that, according to the whole Jesus fairy tale, mister Christ's family was from what we now know as the Middle-East, and not sub-Saharan Africa: the whole reason this little wuss was born was to die for the sins of mankind, so whoever killed him, whether it was the Romans, Mel Gibson's Jewish conspiracy, whitey, or orcs who were searching for the ring of power, the killer was doing the work of the Lord which from what I've read is killing everyone who looks at you funny, turning women into slaves/breeding stock, and turning water into wine. Granted, that last one is a noble pursuit.

Admittedly, I will probably not watch this movie, but it is obviously nothing more than an attempt to give people another reason to hate me because my skin tone is similar to that of people long dead whom I never knew and would have, quite frankly, not associated with, and from what I have seen lately, people already have more than enough reasons to do this

No comments: